Friday, December 10, 2010

MU/Wisconsin Preview

It's been a long 2 years, but the annual battle between Marquette and Wisconsin is back at the Bradley Center tomorrow afternoon.  This is also the game that Volvo is "sending me to" as part of the "Biggest Fan of the Big East" competition.  They've so generously given me a Volvo S60 totake up to Mil-town, given my lovely wife and I 2 tickets for the game (200s section, pretty good seats if you ask me), and are putting us up at the Hyatt Friday night (Volvo, if I haven't said it already, thanks again!).

5 things I'm looking forward to while I'm up in Brew City:

- Having a $7 beer at the Bradley Center, because we all know that beer tastes better when it costs more
- Going to Caffrey's Friday night.  As a student, Caffrey's was always my favorite campus bar (and still is, which means I like it more than one other bar, ugh).
- Watching the "Marquette through the years" timeline on the jumbotron.  It reminds me of the history and success the program has had since the 70s, also gets you juiced for the game too.
- Pre-game lunch at Sobelman's.  One of the best burgers I've ever had for sure, and the locals agree.  They make a pretty good bloody mary too.
- And of course, GOING TO THE GAME!  It's Marquette's biggest game each year, so how can you not get excited for it?


And now a preview of tomorrow's game.  Here are a few things you need to know about Wisconsin

- They're big and slow.  Nothing new here, as they always have the 6'10 farm-fed boys each year
- They're very efficient on offense and defense
- They defend the two-ball well.  The inside matchups should be interesting to watch.
- They're shotting 80% from the charity stripe.  If this game comes down to free throws, we could be in trouble
- They rarely turn the ball over, something we'll need to exploit if we're going to win

I like MU to win this one in close fashion, by 2 or 3 points.  Let's hope we make a statement tomorrow with a win over a legit team.

No comments:

Post a Comment